Chrissi at Home Is Where The Heart Is (Hi Chrissi!) recently left gave me a blog award. And, since I’ve had my Oscar acceptance speech prepared for years, I think I’m more than qualified to accept this award!
Chrissi, thanks so much for thinking of me! I know some people think that blogging is a little odd, but this is exactly what I love about it-meeting new people!
For the 7×7 Award I have to share 7 facts about myself, link to 7 blog entries and nominate 7 other bloggers.
1. When I was in 7th grade, I tripped over my shoelace while we were running outside for P.E. I still have a scar from it. Oh yeah, and did I mention that the shoelace was actually tied when I tripped over it? Coordination at its finest!
2. The very first concert that I ever went to was Barry Manilow. My husband makes fun of me all. the. time.
3. I was obsessed with NSYNC in middle and high school and me, Kayla and Julia used to record any and all TV appearances. I think we watched their premiere concert that aired on Disney a gazillion times. I still have the tapes and refuse to part with them, even though we don’t even own a VCR. This drives my husband nuts.
4. I think it’s absolutely necessary to send a thank you note when someone sends you a gift. My mother ingrained this in me from the time I was little and I will do the same to my kids. Call me old-fashioned, but if I send you a wedding gift and don’t get a thank you note in return, you will be on my list.
5. When I lived on my own for the first time after college, I didn’t have cable because I was a poor PR professional. Instead, I watched FRIENDS before I went to bed. Nick and I have cable now, but I still like to fall asleep to FRIENDS!
6. My college roomie, Kristen, made a remark that her sister worked at an outdoor store. I asked her what they did with the merchandise when it rained. Turned out, the store sold goods for outdoor activities. And if you don’t get that, you are as blonde as I am!
7. I told my family one time that I wanted to be a lawyer. I still hear jokes about that. (Reference number #6 as to why they thought this was funny)
Here are 7 blog entries:
And, let’s pass on the blog love shall we?
Amanda at Little Mrs. Can’t Be Wrong
Holly at Everyday’s a ‘Hollyday’
Sally at Exploits of a Military Mama
Tyah at Humble Haro Abode
Jenn at Happily Ever Faster
Kayla at Crazy Life, Real Love
Heather at Ellis Island
Thanks again Chrissi! XOXO