I’m trying something new today and linking up with Five on Friday at Hello Happiness!
ONE. Carson and I went shopping this week and bought a few goodies for ourselves! I have about 15 pounds of baby weight to lose, so I’m not buying any clothes yet, but I did pick up this new running tank at Target. Nothing like a cute, new workout tank to motivate you while getting back into shape, right? I got the clear from my doctor last week, so I’m ready to get moving!
We also hit up the sale at Carter’s and Carson got some great little additions to wear next summer.
TWO. The 4th of July is one of my favorites holidays and our family always makes homemade ice cream. After drooling over this recipe in this month’s issue of Southern Living, I think I’m going to eat this year’s homemade ice cream in pie form.
- 1 (9-oz.) package chocolate wafer cookies (such as Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (11.75-oz.) jar hot fudge topping (such as Smucker’s)
- Strawberry-Pretzel Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels $
- Sweetened whipped cream, strawberry slices, pretzel sticks, shaved chocolate
- THE CRUST: Process chocolate wafer cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Stir together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes or until set.
- THE FILLING: Spread half of hot fudge topping on bottom of crust; freeze 10 minutes. Spread half of Strawberry-Pretzel Ice Cream over fudge topping; freeze 15 minutes. Spread remaining fudge topping over pie, and sprinkle with chopped pretzels; freeze 10 minutes. Spread with remaining ice cream, and freeze 15 minutes.
- THE TOPPING: Top with sweetened whipped cream, strawberry slices, pretzel sticks, and shaved chocolate.
THREE. Carson eats every 3 hours, so I spend a lot of time in front of the TV. I’m currently enjoying reruns of Grey’s Anatomy on Lifetime. Geez, that doesn’t make me sound like a stay at home mom, does it?! The best part is it’s a few seasons ago and Mark and Lexie are still alive-love them!
FOUR. I ordered the cutest coasters from Ella Minnow Pea, a gift shop here in town that has the BEST stuff!