When I posted this picture on Instagram, I had a couple of requests for the recipe. You won’t be disappointed! Easy to make + delicious = a winning recipe.
- 1 tblsp. butter
- 1 tblsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (I didn’t use this because I am a baby when it comes to heat)
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Mexican oregano
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, split and deveined
- 2 tblsp. chopped cilantro
- Melt the butter and oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and jalapeno.
- Cook, stirring until the onion begins to wilt, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Continue cooking until the onion becomes translucent, approximately 3 additional minutes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the shrimp, zest and lime juice, salt and black pepper.
- Cook until the shrimp are just opaque. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.